The purpose of the course is to strengthen knowledge and increase skills of those who work, or are interested to work in sales, marketing or starting their own business. The course is 440 hours long, and it‘s possible to apply it for up to 22 credits at a secondary school level.
Goals. The participant will:
- Strengthen self-confidence and assurance when it comes to professional work related with sales, marketing and business operation.
- Gain skills in generating plans in connection with sales, marketing and business operations,and following them through.
- Has good insight into business operations.
- Demonstrate skills in:
- Managing projects
- Preparing own business
- Sales and marketing work
- Starting a private business and generate markerting, operation, and business plans for the company
- Using a variety of tools and processes applicable to business operation
Course modules and emphasis:
- Information Technology (integrated throughout the program)
- Study techniques and Portfolio
- Goal setting
- Introduction to Developing a Business Plan
- Entrepreneurship and business start-up
- Planning using spreadsheets
- Speech and conduct
- Business calculus
- Key numbers and cash
- Sales techniques and networking
- Project management
- Negotiation techniques
- Developing marketing material
- General marketing
- Market investigations
- Marketing and the Internet
- Marketing and social media
- Developing a business plan (Final Project)
Completed assignments, 80% attendance, and active participation. All participants are expected to complete final projects which include developing a business plan, and participate in a sales and marketing exhibition where participants get the opportunity to introduce and sell their products or services.
The program is organized as blended learning. Classes are taught three afternoons each week, and include homework and lectures online. A great emphasis on assignments, hands-on exercises, team work and discussions, there is a final assignment, but no final exam. The course is based on a certified curriculum from Fræðslumiðstöð atvinnulífsins (The Education and Training Service Centre).
Distance learning is partly taught through the Internet, partly in the classroom, where lectures, assignments and material from instructors is accessible through the MSS learning management system.
Courses take place from 17-20 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Participants can also choose to attend support classes in information technology that take place online on Fridays from 17-19. Some of those will be mandatory.
- Mondays: take place on location, in the MSS building, Krossmói 4, 3rd floor, Reykjanesbær.
- Wednesdays take place online, using Microsoft Teams.
All participants will receive an MSS email and access to Microsoft Office during the program
Hrannar and Hólmfríður at phone number 421-7500 or at email@example.com
Price of course fees is published but could be modified
January 31 – December 16
Easter Vacations: April 11-15
Summer Vacations: June 20 – August 12